What are Bio-Identical Hormones?
Bio-identical Hormone Therapy or BHRT have been around for quite some time. They are now offered more commonly to women as an alternative of care for treating hormonal imbalances that some women may experience in their pre and/or post-menopausal years.
As we know aging occurs and with it, the inevitable hormonal game. Some of us will be blessed and carry on gracefully, others will engage in a battle of symptoms that could cause tremendous annoyance or distress depending on their severity. It is afterall a personal choice but it could be empowering to know that you have another option.
Bio-Identical Hormones regimen may be considered if you are looking for a more natural and individualized treatment to restore health and hormonal balance.
So what are Bio-Identical Hormones exactly?
- Unlike its counterparts (such as over-the counter supplements or conventional hormones), these hormones are molecularly identical to these the human body produces. They are natural to us.
- These hormones are derived from Wild Yam or Soy and compounded by specialized pharmacies.
- The dosage you received is determined by YOUR hormone levels and symptoms. In other words, your dose is carefully calculated by your healthcare provider for you only. There are no standard dose in Bio-identical regimen.
- Since every patient presents with different needs, a holistic approach is also needed to achieve best results. Your lifestyle is cautiously reviewed and changes are advised to help you restore hormonal balance.
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy is an individualized treatment therefore, results may differ from patient to patient.
If you are in good health but experiencing bothersome symptoms like: Hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, low energy, decrease libido, mood swings, sleep disruption or weight gain, your hormones may be unbalanced. Talk with your healthcare provider to get tested.
About Reflections OB/GYN
Reflections OB/GYN is a Viera, FL based Women’s Health practice, which serves the Space Coast with patients in Viera, Suntree, Rockledge, Melbourne and other Brevard County surrounding areas. It specializes in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy and is committed to supporting women through every stage of a their life. Dr Sargent, Nurse Practitioners Laura Burgess and Lynn Malone and the entire staff strive to offer to most comfortable experience and best healthcare.
For more information, please visit http://www.reflectionsobgyn.com